Pof. Swatikana Mondal
Some of the major activities of this department are as follows: –
(A) Programme on Health & Hygiene –
- College Campus cleaning program at the weekend,
- Blood donation motivation seminar,
- Blood donation camp,
- Developing a garden of medicinal plants at the college premises and its maintenance.
- Free Eye check-up camp
(B) Program on Environment –
- Tree Plantation and upkeep of the same in and around the college campus,
- Organizing seminars on the environment by the NSS units.
- Making the area a plastic-free zone
(C) Program on Social Awareness– Value-oriented programs and seminars are conducted NSS department –
- AIDS awareness programs,
- Dengue awareness
- Consumer rights.
- Anti Drug campaign
(D) Social and Cultural Programmes –
Various social and cultural programs are arranged to enrich cultural heritage. The NSS units take up different programs to develop students’ duties and responsibilities towards the society as an ideal citizen.
- Celebration of NSS foundation Day
- Celebration of Independence Day
- Celebration of Youth Day.
- Celebration of Rakhsha Bhandhan
- Celebration of Republic Day
- Celebration of Rabindra Jayanti
- Celebration of Teachers Day
(E) Moral Education and Motivation Classes –
Programme officer try to inculcate moral values in students during mentoring and counselling sessions.
(F) Programme on physical fitness programme –
Imparting sports and physical fitness programme to the NSS volunteers with the objective of spreading them in the locality and with an aim to increase sportsmanship and team spirit within the volunteers.
(G) Micro level planning for the adopted slum –
- Collection of the primary and secondary data,
- Benchmark survey of the adopted area with structured interview schedule and freewheel in-depth interview with the Slum dwellers and compilation of the data for microplanning.
(H) Programme on Environment –
- Planting trees at the Slum area.
- Cleaning drainage system of the village,
- Cleaning of Slum Area
(I) Programme on Health –
- Health awareness programme for slum dwellers
- Participation in the pulse polio programme
(J) Programme on Education –
- Teaching slum children,
- Imparting health education for the children
- Imparting Value education and moral education for the children
- Life style education for the villagers
- Adult education
Department of National Service Scheme
Michael Madhusudan Memorial College
Kabiguru Sarani, City Center
Durgapur, West Bengal 713216
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Program Officer)